How to Play Online Slots –Expert Tips and Tricks For The Most Played Casino Games
Online slots are the most diverse online casino game available today. With more than 3,000 titles accessible via smartphone, tablets, laptops, and desktops, plus with the addition of Bitcoin slots, slots gaming is now responsible for as much as 70% of Canada’s casino gaming revenues.
Slot machines have given birth to in excess of 50 slot gaming developers all offering their own take on how this popular casino game should be played. These developers are constantly releasing new titles, themes, adding new features, beefing up progressive jackpots, and adding new ways to play and available to play using CA$ and numerous cryptocurrencies. Plus a select few software developers also release their slot titles in land-based casinos and vice versa.
Although more traditional casino games such as blackjack, poker, roulette, and baccarat are still very popular, slots have emerged as the Canadian casino player’s game of choice. Rather than having to play a set strategy such as Blackjack’s basic strategy or understand the concept of ‘outs’ when playing poker, slot gamers have a much easier time of it. The games are simple to play, there is no science behind spinning the reels, there are life-changing million-dollar jackpots involved, and what’s more, there are hundreds of themes and titles to choose from.
You can play slots from your favourite Marvel movies like Iron Man or The Incredible Hulk or from your favourite NetFlix or HBO series such as Narcos, Vikings, or Game of Thrones. Get lost on the reels in an underwater adventure or join Jack Sparrow on a Pirates of the Caribbean adventure while vying for jackpots and features sometimes worth millions of dollars.
In short, it is fair to say that slot players are truly spoiled for choice!
How Do You Play Online Slots?
Slots are arguably the easiest online casino game to play. They come with a base game, bonus features, added features, and a set number of reels.
Base Game: all you need to do is spin the reels in an attempt to line up symbols in exchange for cash or coin payouts. Most slots use predefined pay lines so you can to line up symbol combinations from left to right and get paid. However, true to the online slot industry’s diverse nature even the base game comes with added extras such as ‘Win Both Ways’, ‘243 or 1,024 Ways to Win’, ‘Megaways with up to 70,000 Ways to Win’, and ‘Cluster Wins’. All these features are easy to get to grips with and are there to increase your chances of winning.
Feature Bonuses: Feature bonuses can be triggered using bonus symbols. They can trigger free spins rounds where you don’t have to a penny for the next few spins and every win during the free spins’ bonus will be accumulated to give you one big bonus payout. There are also interactive bonus rounds in which you can spin a wheel, roll a dice, go on a trail map adventure, unlock secret deals, and more. Each successful pick in these bonus games can reward you with cash wins, multipliers up 1,000x the spin bet, and coin payouts.
Added Features: In both the base game and the bonus free spins rounds there can be any number of features added to the reels. Wild card symbols that help you link up more combinations can expand to give wild reels, stick on the reels to increase the likelihood of linking up symbol combination wins, multipliers dropping in increasing the value of the payout, re-spins that give a bonus free spins, tumbling reels where winning symbols explode and new symbols drop in that could form brand new combinations, and the list just goes on.
Reels: Some slots use 3 reels, some 5 reels, and some even use favourite reels. It really depends on the developer and the style of game.
How Do I Play Online Slots?
In spite of the mass of game features and a huge variety of online slots, they all work using the same general principles which makes them very easy to play. It is their simplistic gameplay coupled with amazing graphics, animations, and mass features that make them so popular.
Anyone can learn how to play in a matter of minutes. Plus, you do not need to apply any strategy to the actual inner workings of the game, and therefore your only strategy should be bankroll management. This means
Here are the key elements to playing online slots:
- Setting your spin bets: The more simplistic slots allow you to simply set your total spin bet and press spin. Other slots require you to set how many coins you want to add per line and then all you need to do is add a cash value to the coins. That’s pretty much it.
- Set your line bets: some online slots allow you to configure how many pay lines you bet. This is perfect for penny slot players that only want to wager $0.01 per spin with 1 pay line active.
- Have Fun: Slots are designed so you can have fun along with the chance of winning some cash or you can play for free. The best way to learn them is to dive right in by choosing themes you think you will enjoy and you’ll soon have a shortlist of all your favourite slots with your preferred features, stakes, and the number of pay lines.
How Do I Choose The Right Online Slot Game For Me?
With so many slot developers all producing a variety of online slots the only daunting side to playing online slots is knowing which ones to play. However, once you start to play the slots that look appealing to you, you will soon figure it out. Many of the online casinos offer free-play versions of their slot just for signing up without making a deposit, so you can test them out before you start to commit real money. On top of this, many of the welcome bonuses give you free bonus money and free spins all of which can be used to try out a variety of slot games.
- What game themes do you like? Look for interesting themes you think you will enjoy. If you are a Game of Thrones fans, then choose this slot. If you also like to binge series, then slots like Narcos or Vikings might be your style. Fancy a magical fantasy world with gems and colourful candies, then try Stardust.
- Are you looking to win as often as possible? Choose slots with a high return to player (RTP). Most good slots offer an RTP of 97% or higher. If you are not worried about winning and playing simply for pleasure, then RTP will not be an issue.
- Do you prefer to win regularly or wait for big wins? High variance slots will pay out huge cash sums from their bonus rounds, but you’ll need to be patient. Whereas, low variance slots will pay out little and often with the occasional big win.
- Are you looking to play slots with a chance of winning big? If you want to play slots with the potential of landing a huge life-changing jackpot, then look for progressive jackpot games found in your online casino’s jackpot section or by using filters to list jackpot slots.
- Are you a gamer looking for high-quality slot gameplay? If you are then software developers such as BetSoft and NetEnt give cool 3D graphics with Pixar and Disney quality animations, as well as cinematic features that play out movie clips and scenes with animated features that jump out the screen.
- Are you an old school slot player? There are loads of 3-reel classic slots and simple themes with the old-style bells, 7s, fruits, and bars accompanied by the classic electronic sound effects you hear on casino slot floors and slot rooms. Many of these have 1 to e pay lines and super fast reels.
What Are The Most Popular Slots?
There’s are hundreds of popular online slots played avidly by slots fanatics daily. Some are progressive jackpot slot games while others may not have a huge paying jackpot payout attached to them but come rich in features.
Mega Joker by NetEnt has the highest RTP, which is 99% and this slot comes with a progressive jackpot as well as 2 classic slot games in one. Both games have 3 reels with 3 pay lines
Mega Moolah is another very popular slot sue to its reputation for paying out million-dollar jackpots. This slot has 5 reels and 25 pay lines with 4 progressive jackpots. It has a fun-loving African style theme loads of features such as wildcard symbols that multiply wins, free spins, and the chance to become a millionaire. This slot may only have an 88.12% RTP, but as is a medium variance slot, you can expect plenty of decent wins to keep your bankroll topped up.
Who Wants To Be a Millionaire has a 96.24% RTP and is a high variance slot game themed on the famous question-based game show. You will be spinning 6 reels plus an extra horizontal 7th reel on a slot that gives you 34,300 Megaways to win. Features include a game in which you will be in the hot seat playing the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire in a gamble to dictate how many free spins you will win. Call a friend, ask the audience, or use 50/50 to make sure you maximize your free spins session in order to pull in more cash wins.
Jack Hammer 2 gives you another NetEnt slot, which has a crime caper comic style slot theme akin to Pulp Fiction. You have 99 pay lines to play with a 97.07% RTP. It is rich in features with free spins, sticky wild symbols, re-spins, and x2 multipliers on every win in the free spins game. This is a low variance slot game, so you will be constantly spinning in wins thanks to the plethora of features added to this slot game.
As you can see there is a decent mix of slots out there with varying themes, pay lines, RTPs, features, and jackpots. All you need to do is start by playing the free play versions to dig out the slots you enjoy playing the most, then start to use welcome bonus codes and no deposit gifts to your advantage and start playing real money games. If you use the information provided above, then you will already have a headstart!